USAA now offers tap to pay debit cards that allow you to make quick, convenient payments by tapping your card. You can also use a credit card to pay your USAA insurance bill online. Here is a complete guide on using USAA’s new tap to pay debit cards and paying USAA bills with a credit card.
USAA’s New Tap to Pay Debit Cards
USAA has rolled out new contactless debit cards that allow you to tap to pay. These new cards have an NFC chip that allows you to simply tap your card on the payment terminal to complete your purchase in seconds. No more inserting your card and entering your PIN.
Tap to pay is faster and more secure than swiping, and it helps you avoid touching payment terminals. It’s perfect for quick, everyday purchases like your morning coffee or lunch. Any purchase under $100 can be made by tapping your card.
Who Can Get a USAA Tap to Pay Debit Card?
If you have a USAA checking account and debit card, you can upgrade to a contactless tap to pay card. USAA is sending the new tap to pay cards to eligible members automatically as existing debit cards expire. You don’t have to request one.
Check your debit card to see if it has the contactless symbol on it. This lets you know your card is tap enabled. If you don’t have this symbol, you will receive the upgraded tap to pay card soon.
How Tap to Pay Works
Using your USAA tap to pay debit card is simple:
- When you’re ready to pay, look for the contactless symbol on the payment terminal.
- Hold your card within 2-3 inches of the terminal – do not swipe your card.
- Wait for the terminal to light up, beep, or say “approved.”
- Your purchase is complete!
The payment goes through your checking account like any other debit purchase. And it’s just as secure as inserting or swiping your card.
Benefits of Tap to Pay Cards
Upgrading to a USAA tap to pay debit card has many benefits:
- It’s incredibly fast and convenient – no more fumbling with your wallet, swiping, or entering PINs.
- Better security – your card never leaves your hand, so your information stays protected.
- Easy contactless payments – just tap and go at checkout.
- Works worldwide – pay with tap to pay anywhere you see the contactless symbol.
- Saves time – speed through checkout lines with a simple tap.
Paying USAA Bills with a Credit Card
In addition to the new tap to pay debit cards, USAA also allows you to pay your insurance bill online using a credit card. This provides another flexible payment option.
Credit Cards Accepted
You can use Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover credit cards to pay a USAA insurance bill. The card can be under your name or your spouse’s name.
How to Pay USAA Bills with a Credit Card
Follow these simple steps to pay your USAA insurance bill with a credit card online:
- Log into your USAA account on usaa.com or the mobile app.
- Go to the Pay Bills section.
- Select your USAA insurance bill.
- Choose “Pay Total Amount” or enter a custom amount.
- Enter your credit card details and submit payment.
The payment will be processed instantly. You’ll see the transaction on your next credit card statement.
Benefits of Paying with a Credit Card
Here are some key benefits of paying your USAA insurance with a credit card:
- Earn rewards points or cash back on your payment
- Enjoy extended warranty protection on eligible purchases
- No need to link bank accounts
- Flexibility to pay from any card you choose
- Can use your or your spouse’s card
- Payment processed instantly
Other Ways to Pay USAA Bills
In addition to credit cards, you have other options for paying your USAA insurance bill conveniently online:
- Bank account – Pay directly from your checking or savings account. You can set up automatic payments as well.
- Debit card – Use your USAA debit card to pay your bill online.
- Pay Bills – Schedule one-time or recurring payments through USAA’s Pay Bills.
- Mail – Send a check or money order via mail.
- Phone – Call USAA Member Service at 800-531-8722.
Review your payment options and choose the method that works best for your needs each month.
People Also Ask
How do I get a USAA tap to pay card?
If you have a USAA checking account and debit card, you don’t have to request a tap to pay card. USAA automatically sends the contactless cards to eligible members as existing cards expire. Check your current debit card for the contactless symbol to see if it is tap enabled.
Can I use my USAA debit card for tap to pay?
Yes, if you have a newer USAA debit card with the contactless symbol, you can use it to tap and pay at checkout. Just look for the contactless terminal, hold your USAA card within a few inches, and wait for approval.
Is tap to pay secure?
Yes, tap to pay is just as secure as inserting or swiping your card. Your actual card number is not shared during a tap payment. It uses an encrypted token for security.
How fast is tap to pay?
Tap to pay is incredibly fast. It allows you to pay in seconds by simply holding your card to the payment terminal briefly. No more swiping, signing, or entering PINs.
Can I pay my USAA bill with any credit card?
You can pay your USAA insurance bill online using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover credit cards. The card can be in your name or your spouse’s name.
How do I update my payment method for USAA?
You can easily update payment methods for your USAA insurance through your account. Go to Pay Bills, select your insurance bill, choose “Update Payment Method” and enter your new credit card or bank account details.
Why did my USAA bill amount change?
Your USAA insurance bill amount can change for several reasons like rate adjustments, adding drivers or vehicles, updating home characteristics, or changing your policy terms. Check your policy details if you notice a change.
Can I pay USAA with Apple Pay or Google Pay?
Yes, if you have a USAA debit card linked to Apple Pay or Google Pay, you can pay your USAA bill using your mobile wallet. Add your card, select USAA as the merchant, enter the payment amount, and authorize with Face ID or fingerprint.