Aldi is one of the most popular grocery chains in the United States, with over 2,000 stores across 35 states. Many shoppers rely on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to help buy groceries. The good news is that Aldi accepts SNAP EBT cards as payment in all locations nationwide.
- Does Aldi Accept EBT In-Store and Online?
- Does Aldi Accept EBT for Delivery and Pickup?
- How to Use EBT at Aldi
- What Foods Can You Buy With EBT at Aldi?
- Split Payments at Aldi With EBT
- Using EBT for Online Grocery Orders
- EBT Shopping Tips at Aldi
- EBT Card Restrictions
- EBT Options at Other Grocery Stores
- People Also Ask
Does Aldi Accept EBT In-Store and Online?
Yes, Aldi accepts EBT both in-stores and online in all 50 states. You can use your SNAP EBT card to purchase eligible grocery items at Aldi just like a debit card. Aldi also accepts EBT for online grocery orders through Instacart for delivery or curbside pickup.
To use EBT in-store, simply swipe your card at checkout and enter your PIN. To use online, add your EBT card as a payment method on Instacart and select it at checkout for your Aldi order.
Key Facts on Aldi and EBT:
- EBT is accepted at all Aldi locations in the United States, both in-store and online.
- Online EBT ordering is available through Instacart for delivery or pickup.
- EBT can be used to buy eligible grocery items like bread, meat, produce, and more.
- Non-food items cannot be purchased with EBT at Aldi.
- To use in-store, swipe your EBT card and enter your PIN at checkout.
- Online, add EBT as payment method on Instacart and select it to pay.
Does Aldi Accept EBT for Delivery and Pickup?
Yes, Aldi accepts EBT payments for online grocery delivery and curbside pickup orders. Here are more details:
EBT for Delivery
You can order groceries online from Aldi through Instacart and have them delivered to your door. At checkout, select your EBT card as the payment method for eligible SNAP items.
However, you cannot use EBT to pay for delivery fees, driver tips, or other service charges. You’ll need to use another card or payment method for these fees.
EBT for Pickup
Aldi also allows SNAP EBT payments for curbside grocery pickup. Place an order on Instacart, select Aldi as your pickup location, and choose EBT as the payment option for food items.
When you arrive for pickup, your EBT balance will be deducted for the eligible groceries. As with delivery, you’ll have to use another form of payment for any additional fees.
How to Use EBT at Aldi
Using your SNAP EBT benefits at Aldi is easy, whether shopping in-store or online. Here are step-by-step instructions for both options:
Using EBT In-Store
- Take your selected grocery items to the checkout counter.
- When prompted for payment, swipe your EBT card in the card reader.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN.
- Aldi will deduct the balance from your EBT account for the eligible items.
- Pay for any non-EBT items using another payment method.
- Take your receipt and exit the store.
Using EBT Online
- Open the Instacart website or app.
- Shop for groceries from Aldi and add them to your cart.
- Go to checkout and select EBT as the payment method.
- Confirm your order.
- For pickup, go to the store at the designated time.
- For delivery, wait for your groceries to arrive.
That’s all there is to it! The process is quick and easy whether you shop in-store or order online for delivery or pickup.
What Foods Can You Buy With EBT at Aldi?
SNAP EBT cards can be used to purchase a variety of grocery staples at Aldi. Here are some of the eligible food items:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, fish
- Breads and cereals
- Milk, cheese, yogurt
- Canned goods
- Pasta, rice, beans
- Snack foods
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants for growing food
If you have any doubts about what you can purchase with EBT at Aldi, look for the “EBT Eligible” signs on the shelves. Or ask a store employee if you need help identifying eligible items.
What Can’t You Buy With EBT at Aldi?
There are certain restrictions on what cannot be purchased with SNAP EBT benefits. At Aldi, you cannot use EBT to buy:
- Vitamins and medicines
- Live animals (except shellfish and fish)
- Pet foods
- Cleaning products
- Paper products
- Prepared hot foods
If you mistakenly purchase a non-eligible item with your EBT card, the transaction will be declined. You can then pay for those items separately with another form of payment.
Split Payments at Aldi With EBT
At Aldi, you can choose to do a split payment for your groceries using both your EBT card and another method like cash or debit. Here’s how it works:
- When checking out, tell the cashier you’ll be doing a split payment.
- The cashier will ring up your EBT-eligible items first and swipe your EBT card for those.
- Any non-EBT items will then be rung up separately for you to pay another way.
- You’ll get one receipt showing both payment methods.
Split payment allows you to maximize your EBT benefits while still purchasing non-food essentials at Aldi using other funds.
Using EBT for Online Grocery Orders
In recent years, Aldi began accepting EBT SNAP online through Instacart for grocery delivery and pickup. Here’s what you need to know about the process:
Ordering EBT Groceries Online
To place an online EBT order with Aldi:
- Download the Instacart app or visit www.instacart.com
- Enter your zip code to find Aldi locations near you.
- Add EBT-eligible groceries to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- Select EBT as the payment method for SNAP items.
- Choose delivery or pickup and provide details.
- Place your order!
Picking up EBT Orders
For pickup orders:
- Arrive at the Aldi location at the designated time.
- Check in with the pick up personnel and provide your order number.
- Your EBT card will be charged for the eligible groceries.
- Take your bags and exit the store.
Getting EBT Orders Delivered
For delivery orders:
- Your groceries will arrive in the given time window.
- Your EBT benefits will be deducted for the SNAP-eligible total.
- You’ll have to pay any additional fees with cash or card.
- Enjoy your groceries!
EBT Shopping Tips at Aldi
Keep these tips in mind when using your SNAP EBT benefits at Aldi:
- Bring bags – Aldi doesn’t provide free bags.
- Check weekly ads for deals and discounts.
- Shop Aldi brands to maximize value.
- Track your EBT balance to avoid declined transactions.
- Separate EBT/non-EBT items and do split payment.
- Get to know EBT-eligible sections like produce.
- Ask staff if you’re unsure about EBT policies.
With some planning and preparation, you can stretch your SNAP dollars further at Aldi. Take advantage of their low prices and EBT benefits!
EBT Card Restrictions
When shopping at Aldi with EBT, keep in mind:
- EBT can only be used to buy SNAP-eligible grocery items.
- Purchasing non-food items with EBT may lead to benefit suspension.
- Attempting to get cash back with an EBT card is prohibited.
- EBT benefits cannot be used to pay fees, tips, or delivery charges.
- Refunds or exchanges credit the EBT account, no cash back.
Following the rules ensures you can continue using your SNAP benefits without issues. Attempting fraud could lead to penalties.
EBT Options at Other Grocery Stores
In addition to Aldi, many major supermarket chains accept EBT cards through SNAP. Here are some other popular grocery stores that take EBT:
- Sam’s Club
- Food Lion
Check with your local grocery retailers to confirm their EBT policies. Most major chains now accept SNAP online and in stores nationwide.
People Also Ask
Does Aldi accept EBT for pickup orders?
Yes, Aldi allows EBT cardholders to pay for online grocery pickup orders. Shop at Aldi via Instacart, select pickup at checkout, then use your EBT card to pay when you arrive to collect your groceries.
Can you use EBT card at Aldi self checkout?
Yes, Aldi accepts EBT cards at self-checkout registers. Simply insert your EBT card as you would a debit card, enter your PIN, and select EBT as the payment. Then scan your approved SNAP groceries and complete checkout.
How much is the EBT card fee at Aldi?
There are no fees for using your EBT card at Aldi. EBT transactions work just like debit card purchases. You also won’t be charged extra for using EBT online or for grocery delivery/pickup from Aldi via Instacart.
Does Aldi provide cash back with EBT purchases?
No, Aldi does not offer any cash back, withdrawals, or cash refunds when using your EBT card per SNAP rules. EBT cards can only be used to purchase eligible grocery items.
Can you buy hot food with EBT at Aldi?
No, hot prepared foods cannot be purchased with SNAP EBT at Aldi. Eligible food items must be uncooked in order to be bought with EBT benefits.
Does Aldi accept EBT for alcohol purchases?
No, EBT cards cannot be used to purchase alcohol at Aldi. Alcoholic beverages are not eligible for purchase with SNAP benefits.
Can I use paper food stamp vouchers at Aldi?
No, Aldi does not accept paper food stamp vouchers as they are no longer issued. Only the EBT card can be used to purchase groceries with SNAP benefits.
Is Aldi cheaper than Walmart for EBT purchases?
Yes, Aldi generally has lower prices than Walmart on most grocery items. Shopping at Aldi allows EBT users to stretch their SNAP benefits further than at many other retailers.
Does Aldi accept WIC benefits?
Unfortunately no, Aldi does not currently accept WIC benefits. However, they do accept SNAP EBT cards which can help WIC recipients supplement their grocery needs.
Do you have to separate EBT and non-EBT items at Aldi?
No, but doing split payment makes checkout easier. The cashier can ring up EBT purchases separately and have you pay for any non-EBT items after.
Can you use paper vouchers or stamps at Aldi?
No, Aldi only accepts the SNAP EBT card for payment. Food stamp paper vouchers are no longer used.
Does Aldi provide cash back on EBT purchases?
No, Aldi does not offer cash back or cash withdrawals with an EBT card per SNAP rules.
Can you use EBT for alcohol or hot foods at Aldi?
No. Alcohol, tobacco, and prepared hot foods cannot be purchased with SNAP EBT benefits at Aldi or anywhere else.
Shopping with SNAP benefits is quick and easy at Aldi. EBT cards are accepted in all stores nationwide and can also be used online for delivery or curbside pickup through Instacart.
Remember to separate EBT-eligible items from non-food essentials and do a split payment at checkout. Following SNAP guidelines ensures you can continue utilizing EBT without problems.
So next time you shop at Aldi, take advantage of being able to pay for groceries with your SNAP EBT benefits. Coupled with Aldi’s already low prices, using EBT at Aldi can help you maximize savings and stretch your food budget further.